New Website Responds to PBS/NOVA's Judgment Day
We've just launched a new website, JudgingPBS.com, responding to the online materials for PBS/NOVA's Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial.
JudgingPBS.com features 14 slides of "Darwin's Failed Predictions," recounting the failures of Darwinism left unmentioned by PBS/NOVA. I've included the first installment of the series (the introductory slide) below -- but stay tuned for all 14 slides to be posted over the next couple weeks here on Evolution News & Views:
PBS asserts that the evidence "unequivocally supports [Darwin's] theory of evolution by natural selection." Do all scientists who approach biology with an open mind believe that the data "unequivocally" supports Darwin's view? The following slides show that scientists are increasingly skeptical that natural selection is the primary agent of evolutionary change. Moreover, key postulates of Darwin's theory -- universal common descent, the continuity of life, and transitions in the fossil record -- have come under intense scientific scrutiny from a diverse array of fields, including molecular biology, developmental biology, genetics, biochemistry, and paleontology. Some of Darwin's failed predictions include:
- The failure of evolutionary biology to provide detailed evolutionary explanations for the origin of complex biochemical features;
- The failure of the fossil record to provide support for Darwinian evolution;
- The failure of molecular biology to provide evidence for universal common descent;
- The failure of genetics and chemistry to explain the origin of the genetic code;
- The failure of developmental biology to explain why vertebrate embryos diverge from the beginning of development.