Updated Schedule for Knoxville Darwin vs. Design Conference, March 24th
The Darwin vs. Design conferences will kick off at the Knoxville Convention Center this coming Saturday, March 24th. Here is an updated agenda for the day's events. If you haven't registered yet, you can still do so online before Noon EST Wed., March 21. Otherwise, you'll have to try and purchase tickets the day of the event, but if it's sold out you'll be out of luck. It's better to get those tickets now while you still can. See below for the full schedule.
Doors open for admittance at 8:45 a.m.
- Morning Session -- 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Session #1 Lee Strobel sets the stage for the conference with the story of his own search for the truth about life's origins. He will also interview Dr. Stephen Meyer about why this issue is so important and controversial.
- Session #2 Dr. Jay Richards will explain the evidence for intelligent design based on the fine tuning of the universe, including new developments in astronomy and cosmology which he explored in his book The Privileged Planet.
- Session #3 Dr. Stephen Meyer, director of the Center for Science & Culture, editor of Darwinism, Design and Public Education, and co-author of the forthcoming text ook Explore Evolution, will explain why the information encoded in DNA points powerfully to a designing intelligence.
- Lunch - 12:30 to 1:45 p.m.
Knoxville Convention Center is surrounded by numerous cafÃ©s and restaurants. Take a walk and enjoy the scenery of the World's Fair Park and the restaurants surrounding the Convention Center.
- Afternoon Session -- 1:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Session #4 Dr. Michael Behe will showcase new scientific discoveries which further advance his ideas about irreducible complexity and expand on the amazing discoveries he published in his bestselling book, Darwin's Black Box.
- Session #5 Question and Answer Time - Lee Strobel will moderate a time of questions with our panel of speakers.